Competition Terms and Conditions
Buy any 350g Knorrox Spices and stand a chance to win your share of R50,000 in airtime
Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is Unilever South Africa Proprietary Limited – henceforth referred to as "the Promoter".
2. The Promotional competition is open to all South African Residents who are in possession of a valid identity document, except any employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter or any person who controls or is controlled, directly or indirectly, by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of the aforesaid people (hereinafter referred to as "Disqualified Persons").
3. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her legal guardian at all times, who approves of, and consents to the participant taking part in the competition and the participant's possession/receipt of the prize.
4. This promotional competition runs from 23 March 2020 to 30 April 2020 (the closing date). Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
5. To enter, participants will be required to purchase any 350g Knorrox Spices (BBQ, Chicken, All-in-One) at participating retailers, dial the USSD line *120*2676# and follow the USSD prompts to enter. Participants must keep their till slips as proof of purchase. Photos/images of your till slips will be accepted, as long as the purchase date and items are clearly displayed.
6. All participants submitting entries must have their details entered in all the required fields correctly.
7. Participants will be charged R0.20 for 20 seconds per interaction via USSD.
8. Participants are allowed to enter as many times as they want, provided that they have proof of purchase for each entry.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to change the draw date at any time.
10. Participants stand a chance to win their share of airtime worth R50,000.
11. By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel the promotional competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deem necessary.
12. Entries which are unclear, illegible or contain errors or from disqualified persons will be declared invalid.
13. The winner will be selected by means of a random draw and will be notified telephonically or via social media upon which they will be required to verify their details. The organizers will endeavour to contact the prize winners once every day for 5 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. However, if they cannot be reached and do not return the call, the person/s will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
14. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and not transferable, unless in the event that the visa application is unsuccessful. The Promoter is not liable for any defect in the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prize with any other prize of comparable commercial value or the cash equivalent, as determined by the Promoter.
15. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority outside of the prize package, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to use any images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, and may require the winner to be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting his/her prize and/or after having received his/her prize. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used and must formally notify the Promoter, in writing, of such objection, after being informed that he/she is the winner.
17. In the event that the prize/s are/is not available despite the Promoter's reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
18. All participants and the winners, as the case may be, indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in the promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of gross negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters and/or use of the prize).
19. The Promoter assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever.
20. The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting the participation and/or prize redemption process of the promotional competition.
21. Neither the Promoter nor employee, director, officer, member, partner, agent, consultant, advertising agencies, advisers, dealers, supplier, affiliates and/or associated companies of the Promoter shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
22. The Promoter will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification document to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should any winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such winner will be deemed to have rejected the prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter to select another winner.
23. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.